Divining Pendulum: Opal with Clear Quartz
Crystals were created as the earth formed and they have continued to metamorphose as the planet itself has changed. They are the earth's DNA, a chemical imprint for evolution. They are miniature storehouses containing the records of the development of the earth over millions of years, and bearing the indelible memory of the powerful forces that shaped it. Their crystalline structure can absorb, conserve, focus and emit energy, especially on the electromagnetic waveband.
Crystals make excellent jewelry for both men and women. Wearing gems used to be a royal or priestly prerogative. The high priest of Judaism wore a breastplate set with precious stones. It was much more than a badge of office; it conveyed power to the wearer. As far back as the Stone Age, men and women wore crystal jewelry and talismen. They had a protective as well as decorative function, guarding their wearer from harm.
Crystals have been used to heal and bring balance, working through resonance and vibration. Crystals are said to heal holistically - that is to say, they work on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels of being. They realign subtle energies that surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body and activating linkage points to the chakras that regulate the body's vibrational stasis.
A Divining Pendulum is a gemstone suspended on a chain so that it may move freely - answering questions to receive a yes or no answer.
- Natural Opal
- 12mm Round Clear Quartz Gemstone
- .925 Sterling Silver Layered Chain
- Hand-crafted in our West Hollywood Studio
There are two distinct schools of thought about the use of a pendulum and who or what is responding to the questions.
Famous Case of Pendulum Use
A French priest, Abbé Mermet employed the use of pendulum divination very successfully during the early 1900s. He located water, minerals and missing people using maps. The Vatican hired him to locate several lost treasures.
Other documented cases of historical use of a pendulum:
- British Intelligence used pendulums to predict Hilter's next move.
- King Solomon used a pendulum to find water during a visit to Queen of Sheba.
- Vietnam War marines used pendulums to ferret out underground tunnels and land mines.
Ancient Civilizations Used Pendulums
Ancient cultures used pendulum divination frequently.
- Ancient Egyptians believed the pendulum was magical.
- The Chinese used pendulums to determine where evil spirits were hiding to chase them from the home.
- Romans had great faith in the pendulum as a tool to receive divine guidance for problems.
- One of the most commonly asked questions was the sex of an unborn baby. If the pendulum moved in a circular motion, the baby was a girl. A straight line either back and forth or sideways indicated a male child.
How to Use Your Pendulum
You'll want to use your pendulum with great respect.
- Don't ask the same question more than once per session. Accept the first answer and move on.
- Don't depend solely on the pendulum's response to make important decisions.
- Only use the pendulum with good intentions.
- Don't allow others to use your pendulum. Their energy will interfere with yours and give inaccurate responses to your questions.
How to Hold Your Pendulum
There are many ways to hold the pendulum. You should try several to determine the most comfortable for you.
- Use the hand you write with to suspend pendulum.
- Hold the pendulum chain between your thumb and index finger.
- Sit at a table and rest your elbow on it.
- Hold the pendulum chain using one of the above methods.
- Ask the Pendulum to show you its YES, then to show its NO.
- Generally, a YES is a clockwise rotation and a NO being a counter clockwise rotation.
Intuition, Personal Power, Removes Fear
Primary Chakras: Varies by Color
Astrological signs: Cancer, Libra, Scorpio, Pisces
Opal aids in strengthening personal and business relationships. It is often referred to as the stone of happy dreams and changes. Opal is a soothing stone, helping to balance mood swings and enhance trust in your own feelings. Opal awakens both psychic and mystical qualities. Opal can also release fear and send comforting support to those who are grieving.
Note: Because Opals contain water, do not leave them in sunlight or they will become brittle and break.
Healing, Enhancing, Amplification
Primary Chakras: All
Astrological signs: All
Extremely popular metaphysically, Clear Quartz is the most versatile healing stone among all crystals. Quartz is the most powerful healing stone of the mineral kingdom, able to work on any condition. Clear Quartz is known as the stone of power and amplifies any energy or intention. Clear Quartz protects against negativity, attunes to your higher self, and relieves pain.
Clear Quartz has been shown to enhance and strengthen the aura. As gifts from our Mother Earth, Clear Quartz comes to us with information for the higher self to assimilate in the process of one's spiritual growth. Clear Quartz is often used to cleanse, open, activate, and align all of the chakras.